Friday, May 15, 2015

week 75: last bit of news from sister cho :)

3/25/13

So this is my last Pday! Weirddd.
 
It's going to be a short email :P Our investigator's still on date for 4/7 yay! We met with her this past week and taught her part of the 3rd lesson along with commandments to see if she's had any problems with them to resolve before her baptism. We were so happy to hear that she's got no problems with the commandments :) Boy, we're so happy for her :D When we asked her what thoughts she had when we invited her to be baptized, she said that she just felt good about it. She said that she could tell through the members she knew that this church is true. And she said that there's something different about missionaries! How so cool :)

Well, it still doesn't feel like i'm going home! but this past week, i've been thinking a lot about the purpose of life and how my mission helps me to fulfill that purpose. So our purpose on Earth is to prepare to meet Heavenly Father as it says in Alma. And among the various ways a mission helps us prepare to meet God, the mission for me helped me gain and develop Christ like attributes. With all the unexpected, interesting, random, things that happen to missionaries during missionary work, I realized that everything that happens to us during this time gives us a chance to develop attributes of our Savior. It was amazing to see that everything that happened to me (the good and the less good), all was to help me become molded and created into becoming more like Jesus Christ--that is if I chose to let myself undergo these changes :) I am filled with inexpressible gratitude for a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to help me change and become better :) I was able to have an interview with Elder Aoyagi this past week for mission tour and he told me that the mission is the MTC for our lives. I'm sad to be leaving (and sad is an understatement haha) but i'm ready to put this to the test :)
 
Come what may and love it, right?
 
Sister Cho

pictures: my comps and i got companionship rings! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment